bordermarkers of the
Pyrenees : to-do list
checking the unnumbered S/B-markers between bm056 and 057 and the
unnumbered crosses at the hilltop of Atxuria between bm057 and o58.
- trying a direct descent from bm058 towards bm059.
- trying a more direct route between bm061 and 062.
- a visit of the 'border-cemetary' beneath Col de Gorospil
- a final search for bm236
- a final search for bm271bis
- exploring the shortcut between Señal de Viadós and bm330.
- a new search for bm359
- a new search for the 408-submarkers III and IV
- a new search for markers A to D from the 'terrain indivis' S of the bm408-409-borderline
- descending again from bm541 (P6) to bm542 to check how to return
- near Coustouges, checking forest-trails beneath Can d'Amunt
- visiting the new submarkers (if established)
- visiting bm602 again, for example with a kayak
||completing the GRPdesBF-design
- still to
find or disappeared
The present situation (may 2014): bordermarkers not found.
Bordermarkers not found and/or needing a revisit
at the summit of Pic d'Orhy, not found on 20090601 and 20110817, neither by others. Official reports
consider this bm as disappeared. There are plans to replace the cross
by a little stone pillar.
the Port d'Ourdayté, not found on 20090602
, 20090603 and 201010910 .
There are reports that this bm disappeared in september 2007.
||bm271bis is considered to be destroyed, the site was visited on 20110828 and 20120829
and 20130901. See 20130901 for an analysis of the original location of bm271bis.
||cross engraved in a rockwall but destroyed/disappeared. The site was visited on 20120827.
Was 'replaced' in 1977-78 by a masonry pillar on a hilltop 175m away.
||found on 20110901
thanks to directions of Paco Nudels and Charles & Josette Darrieu.
However: questions remain if this is the real bm359. See this page for those questions.
found on 20090610, 20100913 and 20110901 And neither found by Robert Darrieumerlou,Paco Nudels, Charles
Josette Darrieu and Jacques Koleck. Paco supplied an old picture of the bm on this page, originating from the
Archives de la Guardia Civil.
of 4 submarkers, placed in or after 1960 after an esfr-dispute over
forest-exploitation. Searched but not found by Charles &
Darrieu, neither by me on 20110831 and 20120514, 20140526 and 20150706. See the special page on the bm408-submarkers. I have to return.
of 4 submarkers, placed in 1960 after a esfr-dispute over
forest-exploitation. Searched but not found by Charles
& Josette Darrieu, neither by me on 20110831 and 20120514, 20140526 20150706. See the special page on the bm408-submarkers. I have to return.
||Llivia has its own
set of 45 bordermarkers from which 9 are double bm's. Somehow, I never
searched for the second bm16 until 20130604.
The treaty explicitly states that there are two markers no. 16. I
couldn't find it. Charles Darrieu and Jacques Koleck couldn't find it
either. It might be removed when the road was enlarged.
- design of
the main route
- design of
- perhaps a
page on lightweight-backpacking
more information on the actual existing delimitation from the Treaty of
the Pyrenees (1659) until the Bayonne-treaties, three centuries later
- more information on
the delimitation-process in
19th century. Perhaps Sermet's
"La Frontière hispano-française des Pyrénées: et les conditions de sa
délimitation" can supply that information.
add information on the Lies and Passeries, centuries-old local
cross-border agreements on cattle grazing and mutual support and
- add an
item on the French hamlet of Ondarolle which religiously
resides under the Spanish church.
- draw the
line of the watershed on a map and compare it with the
- put local versions of all treaties and other documents on the website itself
- extract the esfr-treaties from the "Documentos internacionales del reinado de dona Isabel II desde1842 a 1968 Parte 1 - 1869" and put these Spanish-language documents on the website if not available elsewhere.
- make a
.kml of the borderline as a whole as it is
shown on the IGN-topomaps.
pictograms for the various bm-types - e.g. cross and pillar - to
use with the bm-placemarks in Google Earth
- adding the esfr-bordermarkers and missing trails on Open Streetmap (OSM).
- add a
page on the morphology of the bordermarkers: on their design,
their differences and similarities
- make a
link down below on the (long) pages to quickly return to above
instead of having to scroll back to the top.
adding a geo-tagged picture of each bordermarker on my Panoramio-page
(including a reference to this website) in order to show up in Google